One of the most talked about products coming out of the 2006 Consumer Electronics Show was the OCZ Technology Cryo-Z. The Cryo-Z, OCZ's entry into the phase change cooling market, was hailed as the first sub-500 US Dollar phase change cooler for consumers, and at the time, it was promised to be made available within a few short months. In late 2007, a spark of hope passed through the enthusiast community as images of boxed Cryo-Z units sitting inside of an office circulated the web. While this was not a definitive release schedule for the Cryo-Z, it did raise interest in the product once again.
Fast forward to 2008, the Cryo-Z has been considered vaporware by many since the product has sat unavailable to interested enthusiasts for over two years. The stacked Cryo-Z images have faded from enthusiast's minds, but never out of their hearts. Bring up the company name OCZ in any forums and you are sure to receive a message from someone begging for the Cryo-Z to be released post haste.
Today is finally the day when we can tell you more about the OCZ Technology Cryo-Z. The information that we have gathered is not from a press release nor an assumption based on seeing the unit at a technology show. This is in fact real hands on with the unit, sitting at the Secret Bunker of Technology.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
- Page 5 [Inside the Cooler]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Questionable Build Quality]
- Page 8 [Testing Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Endgame Gear's new XM1: the world's fastest gaming mouse
- Valve working on codename Citadal, is this Half-Life 3?!
- MSI launching 8 different custom Radeon RX 5700 series cards
- Cats movie trailer: the worst looking movie EVER?!
- ASRock unveils custom Radeon RX 5700 XT Challenger series
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X: RTX 2080 Ti NVLink vs. GTX 1080 Ti SLI
- AORUS motherboard: all the fans stop for few seconds after POST
- AROUS motherboard: fans stop after boot for few seconds
- Kingston KC2000 High-Performance NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock X570 Taichi (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- Royale Pass Season 8 And More Graces PUBG Mobile's Battlefield In Time For New Version Update
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall Retail Versions Now Available for Pre-Order
- Night Call - A Noire Novella Investigative Game - Out Now on Steam and Xbox Game Pass for PC
- Edge of Eternity gets third chapter 'The Reunion' in major update today
- Asmodee Digital Kicks Off Early Access for Gloomhaven With a Brand New Launch Trailer