Package and Contents
First off is the box that VIA ships the board in. The box line-up for the EPIA Series is identical. There are no markings on the box apart from the VIA logo and the EPIA name. A sticker is placed on each box with the info of the board, and all the boxes are coloured green with yellow through it.
On the back there is no info for you either; VIA does need to put a bit more into its packaging, that way you can tell what one you're getting. Some stores have more than one line of EPIA boards, and it can be confusing with identical boxes!
The reading material for the board is extremely light. A two page user manual gives you basic setup and location instructions for the onboard headers, but that's about it. If you want more info you need to read the PDF user manual on the included CD.
The driver CD included comes with Windows XP and Vista drivers along with quite a good selection of Linux drivers for the audio, video and SATA controller, so you're pretty well up to full speed for any OS you choose (apart from OS X of course).
The accessories are extremely poor, only a single IDE cable and I/O shield are included. We would like to see at least one or two SATA data cables included in future packaging so you don't have to go out and buy more stuff to get this one up and running.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- H1Z1 Pro League to kick-off in 2018
- Blizzard ban World of Warcraft cheaters
- Qualcomm the first to test 5G, debuts 5G reference phone
- Marvel unleashes the official trailer to Black Panther
- Overwatch now has over 35 million players
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard