I touched on the word 'excited' earlier, or lack thereof. This is where the Cooler Master Hyper 212 sits at. It is a solid cooler with great acoustics but it brings little to the table to make me jump for joy. In all honesty I think the fact that in all circumstances you are forced to remove the motherboard to install the cooler is what has me feeling this way. Many manufacturers have taken the time to make an effort to eliminate this process for consumers, but Cooler Master has changed nothing to their mounting hardware for at least three years.
What is exciting about the Cooler Master Hyper 212 is the acoustic performance. In nearly all situations the fan is inaudible and this can be a big selling point for consumers. The price is also a contributing factor; at 40 Dollars the 212 is less than many of the coolers we have looked at, and if it performed just a little better it would have been my new stand-out in this price range. That honor still goes to Rosewill's Z5 with the 212 coming in at a very close second.
Cooler Master does have a vast distribution system and getting your hands on a Hyper 212 is going to be a lot easier than finding the Rosewill Z5. A big plus for consumers is that they can walk into many retail locations and pull a Cooler Master product right off of the shelf, and from what I saw on my tour of the local brick and mortar shops this last week the Hyper 212 is going to be there with the other mass quantity CPU coolers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shows off Switch VR kits in action
- Anthem made $3.5 million in microtransactions
- Nintendo's top 10 best-selling Indie titles on the Switch
- Official Assassin's Creed III Remastered PC specs revealed
- Streamer beats 5 Soulsborne games with no hits by enemies
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced