Foxconn's boards all use the AMI Megatends BIOS setup which AMI has now designed to look and function more like that of the Award BIOS. In the past AMI BIOS setups have been sluggish, restrictive in overclocking settings and hard to setup, now AMI has made a big push to get on the customers good side and the Foxconn BIOS is extremely user friendly with all the overclocking and tweaking you will need. To get access to the Overclocking section you need to access the Fox Central Control Unit Menu.
CPU Frequency Setting: 200 - 800 in 1MHz Increments
PCIE Frequency Setting: 100 - 200 in 1MHz Increments
PCI Clock: 33.3MHz, 37.3MHz, 42.0MHz
CPU VID: 1.1625v to 1.6v in 0.0125v increments
Memory Voltage Control: +0.046v to +1.491v in various Increments
NB voltage Control: +0.032v to +0.380v in various increments
SB Voltage Control: +0.037v to +0.424v in various increments
FSB Voltage Control: +0.080v to +0.580v in various Increments
Overclocking our board was a pretty typical affair; thanks to the PCI and PCI Express clock controls we managed to lock them off to 100Mhz for PCI Express and 33MHz for the PCI bus. Doing this and keeping the RAM at 1:1 we managed to get 512MHz out of our board. We did this with both DDR2 and DDR3 memory and both hit a wall at 513MHz so we assume the board has a few issues going above this or the chipset itself (most likely the X38 chipset).
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2142]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Titan Comics and Blizzard announce new Diablo comic books
- The Simpsons creator debuts 'Disenchantment' Netflix trailer
- Kingdom Hearts honors 90 years of Mickey Mouse with trailer
- PES 2019 demo will be released on PC/consoles on August 8th
- Kong: Skull Island director discusses possible Zelda movie
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit