Our testing is geared towards the luxury high-end CPUs so coolers that are designed for the lower end of the scale don't look very appealing when put into this type of apples to apples format. The GlacialTech 5610 Silent and PWM are the lowest priced coolers we have tested to date with an MSRP in the mid 20 Dollar range.
Would the GlacialTech 5610 be a good choice for the lowest speed binned Intel processors? With a non overclocked Core 2 Duo or Celeron Series it would certainly be a choice, but from our testing the stock Intel CPU Cooler would be a better option. Many processors are sold as OEM or tray style units without heatsinks and this produces the need for a low cost (and in this case low performance) heatsink.
Overclockers, enthusiasts or just about anyone using a high speed processor will want to steer clear from the GlacialTech 5610 PWM and Silent. I really wish GlacialTech would have included their disclaimer on the retail box about high-end processors, in my opinion this information should be added on the next round of box printing and a sticker sent out to distributers to attach to current stock. With the numbers we encountered from our testing permanent damage could result from using this cooler on an overclocked processor or any quad-core part running at 2.6 GHz or higher.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft make 'positive changes' for Xbox at E3 this year
- Phison's E12 controller featured at CES 2018
- Toshiba's new SSD line-up featured at CES 2018
- AMD hit with class action lawsuit over Spectre and Meltdown
- Cryptocurrency price cash wipes $300 billion from market cap
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series