It's been a while since we've seen something from Sapphire but it was bound to happen sooner or later with the release of the HD 3850 and HD 3870. The thing is though, you don't want to look at boring cards with stock cooling or just stock clocks.
That's not exciting at all, you want to see big overclocks or fancy heatsinks on your graphics cards so we waited and waited until a press release was sent out from Sapphire mentioning the release of the new HD 3850 Ultimate.
We like the word Ultimate, it sounds powerful so we were intrigued and thought it was time to get something new and exciting from Sapphire.
With card in hand it was time to see what exactly what the new Ultimate HD 3850 is capable of, so let's move on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 11 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - Vista]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Call of Juarez (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]