Looking solely at DDR2 these days we don't see memory passing the 1200MHz barrier, this seems to be the limit of what DDR2 is capable of doing. While we won't see speed barriers broken here, companies are trying to improve the existing technologies with lower latencies at higher clock speeds; this is where the AMD platform generally performs better than the Intel platform.
OCZ Technologies have really pushed their line of overclocking memories, and without a doubt they have really impressed us here. The Reaper series with heatpipe cooling helps cool the modules a lot better than the standard heatsinks, and the XLC series works even better thanks to water cooling. While our modules we tested today don't utilize water, the heatsink design has done a fantastic job nonetheless; the modules ran rather cool at full speed overclocking.
Overall the OCZ ReaperX PC2-6400 Kit is extremely impressive, and is ideally aimed at users who want lower latencies out of their DDR2-800 kit with the ability to overclock. Also, if you're wanting to use the EPP feature in conjunction with an NVIDIA chipset, you have that option too.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit