Our first look at the IGLOO 5710 is of the face of the unit with the PWM fan attached. GlacialTech uses a 12 inch lead on the fan wires for both PWM and Silent versions. You can also see the heatsink that is mounted on the bottom just above the heatpipes. The cooler comes with Intel mounting hardware installed from the factory.
From the side you can see the three heatpipes and the fairly slim design of the cooler.
A view from the back shows that it is possible to add a second 92mm which may give the cooler better performance. In our Noctua NH-U12P review we found that adding a second fan did improve performance, but also made the cooler louder.
The other side of the cooler is identical to the side we have shown you already.
From the factory both coolers came equipped with a layer of thermal compound.
After removing the compound we find that the IGLOO 5710 does not come with a CPU contact area that has been grounded down to a mirror surface. It is debatable how much of a performance gain can be achieved by using a perfectly smooth surface, but nearly all of the experts agree that having one certainly helps performance.
If you are not familiar with the 4-pin PWM connector that is becoming standard on many fan designs, here is an image shown with a 3-pin that is found on the 5710 Silent model.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Rust will leave Steam Early Access on February 8
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series