Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz (333MHz x 9)
Motherboard(s): ASUS Blitz Extreme (Supplied by ASUS)
Memory: 2 X 1GB Corsair XMS3 DDR-3 1066MHz 7-7-7-21 (Supplied by Corsair)
Hard Disk(s): Hitachi 80GB 7200RPM SATA-2
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP2, Windows Vista
Drivers: Catalyst 7.11, Forceware 169.06 (8800GTS 512MB)
With the 8800GT AMP! Edition from ZOTAC in hand we have bought in a stock clocked 8800GT from ASUS along with the Crossfire 3850 setup to see just what such a highly overclocked 8800GT can offer us.
One area that is definitely worth keeping an eye out for is the temperature and noise department. Hopefully noise and temperature has dropped with the new design. We will have a look at some 3D performance in XP and Vista first though. Let's move forward!
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 130
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark05/
3DMark05 is now the second latest version in the popular 3DMark "Gamers Benchmark" series. It includes a complete set of DX9 benchmarks which tests Shader Model 2.0 and above.
For more information on the 3DMark05 benchmark, we recommend you read our preview here.
We can see here that at the lower resolution the highly overclocked 8800GT from ZOTAC doesn't show a lot between the Crossfire solution and the single card one. When we move up though we can see the CF setup pull away, but it's not by a huge margin.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 11 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - Vista]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Call of Juarez (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA celebrates 50th anniversy of Moon landing with RTX
- Endgame Gear's new XM1: the world's fastest gaming mouse
- Valve working on codename Citadal, is this Half-Life 3?!
- MSI launching 8 different custom Radeon RX 5700 series cards
- Cats movie trailer: the worst looking movie EVER?!
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X: RTX 2080 Ti NVLink vs. GTX 1080 Ti SLI
- AORUS motherboard: all the fans stop for few seconds after POST
- AROUS motherboard: fans stop after boot for few seconds
- Kingston KC2000 High-Performance NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock X570 Taichi (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- Introducing the AVITA LIBER: the Windows notebook combining fashion, individuality and performance
- Rebel Galaxy Outlaw Takes Flight in August
- Infinito Formally Announces Ecosystem Utility Token, INFT
- Toyota Supports Tokyo 2020 with Specially-designed 'APM' Mobility Vehicle
- Sharkoon SKILLER SGM3