GECUBE are using a bigger than normal box this time; while not ASUS big, it's clearly bigger than boxes that we see from companies like Palit or MSI. It also stands on another angle which is something a bit different.
Ultimately it doesn't matter which way it stands, but as long as the front is informative then that's the main thing. We have all the standard information on the front of the box, the brand at the top while the model across the bottom. We can also see ATI logos along with a Windows Vista logo. We see mention of PCI Express 2.0 along with 512MB of GDDR3.
The two major stand-outs on the front of the box are the shield in the top left corner that shows the card is an OC edition along with a picture just below that showing the new fan which GECUBE label the X-Turbo III.
Turning the box over we have some more in depth details of the card and what the core can offer, along with some main features and contact information. What we also have is a diagram that shows what you can do with the I/O ports. We also have some awards running across the bottom of the card.
Getting inside the box we have a simple 3800 series manual and a CD that just comes with the driver for a number of operating systems.
The cable department is a bit more full-on though; we have our standard molex to PCI-E Express power connector, DVI to VGA connector, Crossfire connector and Component out cable. What else we have is an S-Video to RCA/S-Video connector if you're making use of an older TV, and a DVI to HDMI connector if you have a newer one that can accept this connection.
While the CD department was on the light side of things GECUBE managed to save themselves a bit with a good setup of cables and connectors to get you up and running straight away.
We would have liked to have seen a game included in the package but no doubt people prefer the pre-overclock and different cooling design.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 11 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - Vista]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Call of Juarez (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Inland Professional SATA III moves to 2nd place at Amazon
- Offensive language in Rainbow Six Siege now gives insta-ban
- Nintendo teases future updates for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- MoonQuest comes to Steam Early Access 7 years later
- Nintendo Switch soon to feature 1000+ games, all regions
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit