Memory technology has come a long way, and it's good to see companies now starting to really embrace the DDR3 memory standard. While some people may be a bit gun shy following a memory pattern that Intel has laid out (especially regarding the RDRAM/i820 failure), Intel's moves of late have really seen a true light at the end of the tunnel, and it's only continuing to get brighter.
As for Patriot, this is our very first kit we have managed to receive from them, and hopefully not the last. While the modules didn't reach their full rated speeds in our test lab, it's all a matter of trial and error. Getting the right voltages set for each different component of the board makes for all the difference, and our limited time with our test samples makes it hard to really get the most out of the products available.
Overall, the modules we were sent were very impressive, and with more time I don't doubt they are capable of more as we only experienced a few resets when under heavy load, which if tracked down could be rectified and possibly fixed to make the memory work even harder and faster.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rum Runner's Pack free DLC debuts to Pillars of Eternity 2
- New Battlerite Royale screenshots unveil UI/more gameplay
- Co-op monster hunting title, Duntless releases open beta
- Dark Souls Remastered releases a whole day early on Steam
- Borderlands 2 is free-to-play and 75% off Steam this weekend
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit