Memory technology has come a long way, and it's good to see companies now starting to really embrace the DDR3 memory standard. While some people may be a bit gun shy following a memory pattern that Intel has laid out (especially regarding the RDRAM/i820 failure), Intel's moves of late have really seen a true light at the end of the tunnel, and it's only continuing to get brighter.
As for Patriot, this is our very first kit we have managed to receive from them, and hopefully not the last. While the modules didn't reach their full rated speeds in our test lab, it's all a matter of trial and error. Getting the right voltages set for each different component of the board makes for all the difference, and our limited time with our test samples makes it hard to really get the most out of the products available.
Overall, the modules we were sent were very impressive, and with more time I don't doubt they are capable of more as we only experienced a few resets when under heavy load, which if tracked down could be rectified and possibly fixed to make the memory work even harder and faster.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Trilogy coming to Nintendo Switch
- Coffee Lake CPUs multiply, Core i5-8500 and Core i5-8600
- Tesla's electric Semi truck is FAST, tires start smoking
- AU Optronics: 65/85-inch 8K TVs will arrive later this year
- Crytek's new Hunt: Showdown hits Steam Early Access
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- For Sale (40 Pieces) Apple iPhone X 64GB $17,960 Brand New Unlocked
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit