Palit has done an excellent job with the 8800GT, and when it came to doing a bit of overclocking we managed to get past 740MHz and 2000MHz DDR on the memory. What this helped us get was performance above the new G92 8800GTS.
There is a lot we like about this card; for starters the fact that it's pre-overclocked is always a nice thing. The aftermarket cooler is simply bliss, the noise and temperature on the stock one is just horrible and it's great to see something better. Sure it manages to take up two slots but it's not really a drama.
The fact that Palit has also managed to include a full version game and keep price quite competitive is also another good thing.
All in all, the card just has a lot going for it and it's one of the best 8800GT cards that we have seen to date. No doubt there are going to be a number of people having a hunt for this particular card.
For all these reasons above, the card gets the TweakTown Editors Choice award for literally getting a tick in all the right boxes. Palit haven't disappointed again, and we'll be keeping an eye out for what they do with the new G92 based 8800GTS 512MB.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 11 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - Vista]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Call of Juarez (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Why EA closed Visceral and recycled its Star Wars game
- Team Fortress 2 blends with Jurassic Park in new update
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild compared on Switch and PC @ 4K
- Qualcomm unveils its new Snapdragon 636 processor
- Analogue's Super Nt will play every SNES game at 1080p
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz