Power Consumption Tests
Using our new PROVA Power Analyzer WM-01 or "Power Thingy" as it has become quickly known as to our readers, we are now able to find out what kind of power is being used by our test system and the associated graphics cards installed. Keep in mind; it tests the complete system (minus LCD monitor, which is plugged directly into AC wall socket).
There are a few important notes to remember though; while our maximum power is taken in 3DMark06 at the same exact point, we have seen in particular tests the power being drawn as much as 10% more. We test at the exact same stage every time; therefore tests should be very consistent and accurate.
The other thing to remember is that our test system is bare minimum - only a 7,200RPM SATA-II single hard drive is used without CD ROM or many cooling fans.
So while the system might draw 400 watts in our test system, placing it into your own PC with a number of other items, the draw is going to be higher.
We can also see that we get a drop in power when idle and at full load. Clearly what GIGABYTE has done is working on this card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 10 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - Vista]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Call of Juarez (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 15 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- A re-introduction into Old School RuneScape: New/Old players
- COD: Black Ops 4 launch day sales on PC up 100% over 2017
- Samsung's Galaxy Note 10 could rock huge 6.66-inch display
- Cyberpunk 2077 team won't 'artificially' extend playtime
- Dell's 49-inch ultra-wide monitor rocks 5120x1440 resolution
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Which modern Z370 ATX motherboards are most reliable? Seeking advice
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon