The High End of Things
As I have mentioned earlier, we have silk dome tweeters which generally speaking should provide these particular speakers with some advantage over the majority of the competition at the moment to some degree. Near field tests were initially quite good with reasonably smooth upper-mid to high end response in a range of test tracks I was playing.
I initially began with some electronic music which always has plenty of dynamic high-end to warm up those nice new dome tweeters; and let me say right off the bat they don't give up easy. These things really impressed me with their ability to produce clear well maintained upper presence right to the point of 100% volume. That's right folks; full volume (including my soundcard's own amplified outputs) pumped away without a hint of distortion. Top marks right away there for matching a tweeter with an amp that does not conflict in tolerance/output as to course distortion between the two.
Maintaining a smooth balance between the upper-mid frequencies at the 14-18k range can be a tricky prospect for all designers, and it's an area where time and attention must be paid to use a quality crossover network, which put simply is up to the job of splitting the frequencies correctly to avoid spillage. The end result avoids muddy high-end and a loss of upper mid crispness.
On the whole I think GIGABYTE has used a fairy good crossover for the tweeters, and whilst not silky smooth like the "Crossfires" they are very combatant at what they do, and they're much more capable of showing up shortfalls in material over the Logitechs. This is really just a result of the tweeter, but goodness nonetheless.
In short, I really like the dome tweeters GIGABYTE have chosen to use here; I think they provide what they're set out to do very well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit