Setting Up the Speakers
Setup is quite a straight forward process; it's just a matter of connecting the left and right speakers to the subwoofer and the latter to a source such as your PCI soundcard. It's then a matter of plugging the subwoofer/amp into the wall and you're away.
Configuration is also pretty easy stuff as we are simply looking at a 2.1 system here. As long as your soundcard is set to 2.1 mode, then there should be no problems.
Looking at the satellite dimensions; these are 120mm wide, 172mm high and 110mm deep. Each satellite is magnetically shielded. The largest speaker in the satellite contains a 3.5" full range driver and as mentioned earlier is constructed from Kevlar for extra strength. This speaker is mounted via four small allen key bolts onto a burnt steel coloured ring of metal. Above these sit a 1" dome tweeter, again mounted in the same fashion with the exception of the metal insert.
Keeping everything together, we have some nice MDF cabinets which are ported in the rear and provide better timber and natural acoustics to the sound over the moulded plastic enclosures we see 99% of the time in multimedia systems due to manufacturing costs. Each speaker is then sent 12watts in 4ohms; whether or not they are referring to RMS with that rating is anyone's guess.
The subwoofer driver is again made from Kevlar, but this time we are given a 6.5" driver in a much larger bass reflex box (although it is dwarfed by my MegaWorks Z5450 subs) with a port at the rear along with connections for the two speakers and signal from your source. Also found on the sub's backing plate is volume, bass and treble controls. 25watts into 4 ohms is given to the unit, but again I cannot say whether this is an RMS figure or not, although I would strongly feel it to be. Dimensions of the sub woofer are 215mm wide, 275mm high and 200mm deep. At this point I cannot give much in the way of information on the amplifier built into the subwoofer.
Now that we've spent some time delving into the design of the speakers, let's see how they perform to the well trained ear.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Director does Ultimate Q&A
- Game of Thrones Season 8: 'longer than 60 min' each episode
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Nov patch: New Boss/Quests & More
- Fortnite update intros 'Food Fight' Limited Time Mode, more
- MSI debuts GeForce RTX 2070 AERO ITX, the first small Turing
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms