Package and Contents
Getting stuck right into it, we start off on the package that the board comes to us in and what you're getting for your dollar. The box has a blood red coloured background with white writing of the model number and series on the front. No other pertinent info is on the front of the box.
The back is also sparsely populated with info; only basic marketing propaganda is found here. One thing we did notice is that the box states Crossfire ready, but this is rather misleading as the board lacks a second PCI Express x16 slot and can confuse some less informed people. It's not nice to advertise what the board doesn't do.
DFI's user manual is extremely helpful with a lot of information on the board as well as step by step setup to mount the board inside your case and get you up and running. The driver CD contains XP and Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) drivers, but no Linux support out of the box so you're going to need to hunt around for drivers for this board if you're a Linux user.
The cable bundle is also a bit lacking. Out of a total of six SATA ports on the board, only one power and one DATA cable is provided. If you're going to run more drives you have to purchase the cables separately. The IDE and FDD cables that we are accustomed to are included along with a rear I/O shield.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo to 'revive' a 'very officially cancelled' game
- PlayStation VR changes will be 'dramatic' over next 10 years
- Apple rumored to be working on 31.6-inch 6K display
- Metro Exodus dev talks ray tracing on next-gen consoles
- Star Citizen dev says ray tracing is 'a massive headache'
- Best reminder app
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- Explore a World of Ancient Chinese Mythology!
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America's Post EVO Japan Fighting Game News Round-up
- Million Arthur: Arcana Blood Coming To Steam This Summer
- Rising Lords announces alpha launch via new trailer
- Zombie-Veggie Shooter, The Walking Vegetables Radical! Edition Coming Soon to PS4!