Package and Contents
Getting stuck right into it, we start off on the package that the board comes to us in and what you're getting for your dollar. The box has a blood red coloured background with white writing of the model number and series on the front. No other pertinent info is on the front of the box.
The back is also sparsely populated with info; only basic marketing propaganda is found here. One thing we did notice is that the box states Crossfire ready, but this is rather misleading as the board lacks a second PCI Express x16 slot and can confuse some less informed people. It's not nice to advertise what the board doesn't do.
DFI's user manual is extremely helpful with a lot of information on the board as well as step by step setup to mount the board inside your case and get you up and running. The driver CD contains XP and Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) drivers, but no Linux support out of the box so you're going to need to hunt around for drivers for this board if you're a Linux user.
The cable bundle is also a bit lacking. Out of a total of six SATA ports on the board, only one power and one DATA cable is provided. If you're going to run more drives you have to purchase the cables separately. The IDE and FDD cables that we are accustomed to are included along with a rear I/O shield.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard