Using the Program
The program interface is split into several tabbed areas, each of which defines the variables desired when recovering passwords. Let's step through each of them:
The range tab specifies the type of characters you wish to scan for in the password. For example, if you remember that the password had only lowercase letters, then you would only check the box labelled "All Small Latin". On the other hand, if you had forgotten what the password contained, then you could select "All Printable". Be warned though - this increases the time needed to recover passwords exponentially!
You can also specify where to start trying to recover the password. For instance, if you knew that the password began with the character string "Fa7d", then you could type that in the "Start from" box. The "End at" box works the same way, if you knew that the password was before "Fa7dzzzz", type that in.
The Length tab is quite straightforward. You simply specify how many characters the password contains. For example, you could select between 1 and 8 (as shown above). Not much here at all, is there?
This is where the malicious hackers could have a ball. Due to human beings (in general) not being able to remember cryptic codes too well, we unfortunately choose common words as the password. Cities, People's names, pet's names etc are all commonly used. ARCHPR comes with a dictionary attack, and you can even specify your own dictionary if you wish. The program also comes with clever options such as "Smart mutations", which is a dictionary word that could have one letter spelt incorrectly. And once again, you can choose where you would like the dictionary scan to begin in the list.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apex Legends mods have banned over 16,000 cheaters so far
- Overwatch Monopoly, action figures are on their way
- Samsung bows out of the Blu-ray player market in the US
- NVIDIA's gaming division bleeds out, revenues down 45%
- AMD rumored to launch 7nm Navi GPUs on 7/7
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- BundleFest is coming - Get ready for the biggest bundle event of the year
- Team NINJA Announces DEAD OR ALIVE 6 Deluxe Demo, World Championship, and SNK Collaboration
- Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. Launches Jump Force; The Ultimate Manga Crossover Extravaganza
- The Escape Room Puzzle Game Themed On The Seven Deadly Sins Will Hit Steam On Feb 28th
- [01Studio] Indie MMORPG - Citywars Savage