Moving onto the BIOS we get the traditional Award BIOS GIGABYTE uses for its board. In order to access all of the hidden functions you need to press CTRL-F1 and you get all access to the additional overclocking and tweaking options. The MB's Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T) menu holds all of the overclocking options.
CPU Host Frequency: 266 - 650 in 1MHz Increments
Memory Frequency: 400 - 1400 in 1MHz Increments
No Voltage Adjustments
Overclocking on this board is unfortunately a no go due to the lack of voltage adjustments for anything; this includes CPU, memory and northbridge. We did manage to run our CPU at 333MHz FSB in our tests by lowering the multiplier, but this is because we have an unlocked CPU for emulation purposes. If you're stuck at your normal CPU speed you're going to be lucky to get a 20MHz FSB increase.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the maximum and find the highest possible FSB as this could take days of stability testing. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might come into play if you believe in that too.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam