NVIDIA's latest chipset is certainly nothing to get over excited about when it all boils down to it. Though with that being said, its graphics core is well above anything that Intel currently has available in their G33 chipsets. NVIDIA's chip allows for a maximum of 256MB of system memory to be diverted to the graphics core whilst Intel tops out around the 64 to 128MB mark using the DVMT which assigns memory as it goes.
While the single channel memory controller does limit the upgradability of the boards memory beyond 4GB, your basic system is not going to need this much at this stage. 2GB using Vista Home Premium is enough to get by and the integrated graphics having Vista certification gives you the option to run the Aero desktop without too much of a performance penalty.
Looking at the board GIGABYTE supplied us, it's more than what you're going to want for the Digital Home sector. But if you're aiming for an encoding PC, this one is going to be slower than your Dual Channel boards like the G33. Let's hope NVIDIA looks at this and releases a more mainstream chipset with at least Dual Channel DDR2-667 support. That would be more than adequate to handle these tasks and even overtake Intel in the Dual Channel tests.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox saves work with Final Fantasy XV on PC
- Luigi's Balloon World/new outfits for Super Mario Odyssey
- Nintendo Switch adds another 18 new games in a week
- Paladins remove their loot box system after community uproar
- New Battlefield title will be available at EA PLAY 2018
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit