NVIDIA's latest chipset is certainly nothing to get over excited about when it all boils down to it. Though with that being said, its graphics core is well above anything that Intel currently has available in their G33 chipsets. NVIDIA's chip allows for a maximum of 256MB of system memory to be diverted to the graphics core whilst Intel tops out around the 64 to 128MB mark using the DVMT which assigns memory as it goes.
While the single channel memory controller does limit the upgradability of the boards memory beyond 4GB, your basic system is not going to need this much at this stage. 2GB using Vista Home Premium is enough to get by and the integrated graphics having Vista certification gives you the option to run the Aero desktop without too much of a performance penalty.
Looking at the board GIGABYTE supplied us, it's more than what you're going to want for the Digital Home sector. But if you're aiming for an encoding PC, this one is going to be slower than your Dual Channel boards like the G33. Let's hope NVIDIA looks at this and releases a more mainstream chipset with at least Dual Channel DDR2-667 support. That would be more than adequate to handle these tasks and even overtake Intel in the Dual Channel tests.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bethesda: DOOM Eternal, RAGE 2, other games coming to Steam
- PlayStation VR sales hit 4.2 million
- The best Elder Scrolls is free today only
- No Man's Sky coming to PSVR
- Apple Arcade is Apple's answer to Xbox Game Pass
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- DiRT 4 will be released on macOS and Linux on 28th March
- East Coast Game Conference Celebrates Eleven Years with Keynotes From Games Industry Veterans Adam Sessler and Warren Robinett
- Frost & Sullivan Grants Sepio Systems the 2019 European Enabling Technology Leadership Award in the Rogue Device Mitigation Market
- A1 chooses Nokia as partner to deploy 5G in Austria
- Infected Shelter - Coming Soon to Steam Early Access - PAX East 2019 trailer released