The cooler on the Rosewill RCX-Z5 has the 92mm fan. The fan uses four blue LEDs that illuminate more as voltage is ramped to the fan. At full power the fan is very bright, one of the brightest I have seen besides the Cooler Master LED units.
A look from the side shows the heatsink-to-fan mounting mechanism. Rosewill uses an ABS to rubber plug that eliminates audible vibrations found in other products.
The heatpipe design is also visible in this image. Several companies have used a straight U design and in most cases its not as efficient as the elbow method. By adding the curve to the pipe it is possible to add more fluid to the pipe while also making the fluid flow back to the base easier. In a typical computer case the processor is at the top of the case and if the fan is mounted below the CPU then the fluid can return to the CPU base easier.
From the rear you can see the wave design in the fins. This gives the Z5 more surface area allowing the cooler to dissipate more heat at a higher rate.
Rosewill has used a long power wire for their fan. The connector is a 4-pin design that will allow advanced speed control from the motherboard.
The Rosewill RCX-Z5 uses nickel plating over a copper base. The end result is a smooth, mirror like finish that will not tarnish over time. As you can see from the image, the surface is flawless.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard