Optimized design for water cooling and air cooling systems
Sliding removable hood with toolbox on top (Upgradeable to LCS)
10x PCI-E/PCI slots design for Quad-graphics card configuration
Tool free design for 5.25" bays and PCI clips
Sliding motherboard tray
Independent thermal management for CPU, VGA & HDD
Cable management system for better cable routing and internal airflow
Evolutionary adjustable PSU supporting bridge
MicroATX, ATX & Extended ATX supported
The Thermaltake Xaser VI is packed with all these innovative features, and I'm going to discuss most of them and how useful they really are.
First and foremost among them is the fact that this is the only case (other than the Armor+ case also just released from Thermaltake) which has a 10x PCI-e slot capacity. This means it is designed for massive motherboards that haven't even been made yet or for boards that are only now being released onto the market. Yes I'm talking about AMD's new chipset, and with the latest advancements in motherboard technology comes AMD's new double Crossfire solution, that being called CrossfireX (or QuadFire). It is likely to take up a great deal of those slots if you can afford the QuadFire price tag, but if you are such an early adopter, then price is probably not an issue for you.
Getting back to the Xaser VI, spaciousness inside this chassis is definitely not going to be a limiting consideration since there is ample room and plenty of space, so much so that you are not likely to install a micro-ATX system motherboard in it unless for a laugh since it will seem insignificant in reference to the large sized case. The bottom line is, the guys at Thermaltake have taken the time to make sure this premium case is future proof. That is always a good thing in the ever changing world of technology.
You can see in the photo below all 10 PCI/PCI-E slots, and also worth a mention is the tool-less design for clipping in those PCI/PCI-E cards. Most high-end cases have this feature, but not all of them do it as well as Thermaltake. I tried several different sized cards, from PCI to PCI-E, and all were held snugly and securely as well as if they were screwed down into place. It makes me confident in a company that is continually prepared to evolve to their customers changing needs.
The next feature worth mentioning is the huge number of HDD bays available; count them: seven bays! - If you are an enthusiast gamer, you need lots of GBs for all those massive resource intensive games. Basically you need as many HDDs as you can squeeze into a case and this Xaser VI has lots of space to put them in. The chassis doesn't disappoint and with the tool-less design to secure hard drives into the bays, you will find it easy as pie to pop in a new one at your leisure.
With so many HDD racks you can run RAID arrays until the cows come home. Of course if you do refer to any members of your family as a cow, you should probably not do it so directly. Cows aside, the HDD tray holds five HDDs in a top down stack, with a rear exit hole for the cables to be relayed around to the motherboard keeping the areas above the motherboard free for unobstructed airflow.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hideo Kojima teases E3 2018 showcase for Death Stranding
- Super Smash Bros. roster leak suggests Metroid's Ridley
- Overwatch splash art spotted in Paladins advertisement
- Mowgli is a dark themed 'The Jungle Book', trailer released
- Razer's new Blade: smallest 15.6-inch gaming laptop ever
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit