Optimized design for water cooling and air cooling systems
Sliding removable hood with toolbox on top (Upgradeable to LCS)
10x PCI-E/PCI slots design for Quad-graphics card configuration
Tool free design for 5.25" bays and PCI clips
Sliding motherboard tray
Independent thermal management for CPU, VGA & HDD
Cable management system for better cable routing and internal airflow
Evolutionary adjustable PSU supporting bridge
MicroATX, ATX & Extended ATX supported
The Thermaltake Xaser VI is packed with all these innovative features, and I'm going to discuss most of them and how useful they really are.
First and foremost among them is the fact that this is the only case (other than the Armor+ case also just released from Thermaltake) which has a 10x PCI-e slot capacity. This means it is designed for massive motherboards that haven't even been made yet or for boards that are only now being released onto the market. Yes I'm talking about AMD's new chipset, and with the latest advancements in motherboard technology comes AMD's new double Crossfire solution, that being called CrossfireX (or QuadFire). It is likely to take up a great deal of those slots if you can afford the QuadFire price tag, but if you are such an early adopter, then price is probably not an issue for you.
Getting back to the Xaser VI, spaciousness inside this chassis is definitely not going to be a limiting consideration since there is ample room and plenty of space, so much so that you are not likely to install a micro-ATX system motherboard in it unless for a laugh since it will seem insignificant in reference to the large sized case. The bottom line is, the guys at Thermaltake have taken the time to make sure this premium case is future proof. That is always a good thing in the ever changing world of technology.
You can see in the photo below all 10 PCI/PCI-E slots, and also worth a mention is the tool-less design for clipping in those PCI/PCI-E cards. Most high-end cases have this feature, but not all of them do it as well as Thermaltake. I tried several different sized cards, from PCI to PCI-E, and all were held snugly and securely as well as if they were screwed down into place. It makes me confident in a company that is continually prepared to evolve to their customers changing needs.
The next feature worth mentioning is the huge number of HDD bays available; count them: seven bays! - If you are an enthusiast gamer, you need lots of GBs for all those massive resource intensive games. Basically you need as many HDDs as you can squeeze into a case and this Xaser VI has lots of space to put them in. The chassis doesn't disappoint and with the tool-less design to secure hard drives into the bays, you will find it easy as pie to pop in a new one at your leisure.
With so many HDD racks you can run RAID arrays until the cows come home. Of course if you do refer to any members of your family as a cow, you should probably not do it so directly. Cows aside, the HDD tray holds five HDDs in a top down stack, with a rear exit hole for the cables to be relayed around to the motherboard keeping the areas above the motherboard free for unobstructed airflow.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- World of Warcraft expansion 'Battle for Azeroth' releases
- FromSoftware release Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice screenshots
- Capcom/Valve to fix Monster Hunter: World connection errors
- Marvel's Spider-Man gameplay launch trailer unveiled early
- Nintendo smashes Sony in total hardware sales: 700 million+
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $1,300
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market