Yidsun SP-788 Bluetooth stereo headset
Yidsun might not be a brand you're familiar with, and neither were we until recently. You might remember the news post where we wrote about some Bluetooth peripherals from them and now we've got our hands on a review sample of the Yidsun SP-788 Bluetooth stereo headset.
Our first impression was somewhat mixed; the design is ok, but we're not keen on the Yidsun logos on the side of the headphones as it's not like having Shure or Sony or some other famous brand showing.
None the less, they're not ugly and the design is up to date, which is rarely the case with Bluetooth headsets from lesser known brands. The headset is amazingly light and although it weighs 30g with the ear pieces it's anything but heavy when worn. Part of the reason behind the low weight is that Yidsun uses Lithium-polymer batteries, so they can shape the batteries in a way that's not possible with other types of batteries.
Lithium-polymer batteries are also lighter than other types of rechargeable batteries and this is the type of device they were intended for. Amazingly the quoted usage time is 6h continuous music playback or 8h of talk time with a standby time of up to 100h. After having used the SP-788 for a few days, we don't doubt these claims and the battery recharges quickly as well, which is an added bonus.
Charging it is done via a supplied cable which has a USB port in one end and a very small plug in the other, which is then plugged into the headset. A USB charger is supplied in the box, so you don't need to be next to a computer to charge the headset, but the USB connector on the cable allows for that option too. Apart from the charger and the cable, only two pair of rubber ear grommets and a brief manual is supplied in the box.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel reportedly 'kills off' its upcoming 10nm process
- Jump Force features original Akira Toriyama character 'Kane'
- Project Monolith - action adventure title for all platforms
- Crackdown 3 will be playable at Xbox FanFest 2018
- Agony Unrated is 90% off to Agony owners, releases Oct 31st
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam