Hard disks are still the slowest part of the PC when it comes to read/write access, there is no denying that; while they have gotten faster since the old PIO mode days, things still need to improve and that is coming in the form of Solid State Drives with flash memory that can read and write at speeds of over 100MB/s sustained.
System memory can read and write at up to around 2GB/s and processor L2 cache can go beyond 16GB/s, so why not implement this style to the hard disk? It's coming but until then we need to improve on what we have.
Western Digital's RE2 drive is ideal for users who want a safe and secure RAID setup. Its error tolerance, faster performance and 1.2 million hours Mean Time Before Failure (MTBF) makes it a clear winner. Even if you're after a single drive, its increased performance and life expectancy is a bonus.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sources: Nintendo restricts review copies to curb leaks
- Dead Space 2 dev recounts harsh reality of game budgets
- Analysts forecast Capcom will miss net sales target
- Capcom ships 4 million copies of Resident Evil 7
- Petroglyph Games announce new RTS- Forged Battalion
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz