Hard disks are still the slowest part of the PC when it comes to read/write access, there is no denying that; while they have gotten faster since the old PIO mode days, things still need to improve and that is coming in the form of Solid State Drives with flash memory that can read and write at speeds of over 100MB/s sustained.
System memory can read and write at up to around 2GB/s and processor L2 cache can go beyond 16GB/s, so why not implement this style to the hard disk? It's coming but until then we need to improve on what we have.
Western Digital's RE2 drive is ideal for users who want a safe and secure RAID setup. Its error tolerance, faster performance and 1.2 million hours Mean Time Before Failure (MTBF) makes it a clear winner. Even if you're after a single drive, its increased performance and life expectancy is a bonus.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Marvel unleashes the official trailer to Black Panther
- Overwatch now has over 35 million players
- Battlegrounds' update adds vaulting, climbing to testers
- DOOM will be out on Nintendo Switch on November 10
- AMD Ryzen APU spotted with Radeon Vega M graphics
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard