OCZ Modules Up Close
Now it's down to the modules themselves. Today we have been given a 2GB Dual Channel kit that contains 2x1GB memory modules rated to run 1600MHz out of the box using the XMP system to increase performance. While you can use the XMP, you don't have to as you can go for a manual overclock. This I find does help the most, as you can tweak the settings to your liking.
On the face of the modules nothing looks different compared to some of OCZ's other modules available on the market. The modules are part of the Titanium series and come with OCZ's XTC or Extreme Thermal Convection heatsinks. These heatsinks have holes through them that allow air to pass though in a convection style removing the heat as they go, providing you have good case air flow that is.
The modules themselves have a standard SPD setting to run 8-8-8-23 using the 1.5v standard of the SPD settings. However, if you choose to go harder you can use the XMP up to 1333MHz which will run 7-6-6-28 using 1.8v. If you want 1600MHz using XMP, this increases voltage to 1.9v which is the limit that OCZ will warrant the modules under with their lifetime warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance's modding tools/DLC's will be free
- Stardew Valley mod adds MEGA farm: unlimited online players
- Jagex will kill RuneScape Classic servers on August 6th
- Blizzard talks Overwatch 2, original game is their focus now
- RAGE 2 isn't using in-house id Tech engine, Just Cause tech
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit