In typical high-end ASUS style we have another large box. The front of the box is covered by Company of Heroes with the mention of the hottest DX10 game. The top left corner of course has our brand while across the bottom of the box we get the main information like the model, in this case the EAH3870 including other features like 512MB GDDR-4 and PCI Express 2.0 support.
Turning the box over we have some extended information on the card. There is also some explanation on the ASUS specific features along with a system recommendation. The good news is that you don't need a PCIE 2.0 motherboard to get the card up and running.
With the box out the way it's time to move inside. In the paperwork department we have a SpeedSetup guide. In the CD department we have a Driver CD, which we needed to use since the ATI Catalyst 7.10s didn't like the 3870, along with an ASUS Multi-language manual and a copy of Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts.
Onto the cable department we have a pretty standard setup for a high-end AMD graphics card. Included in the package is an S-Video to Component cable, Molex to PCI Express connector, DVI to VGA connector, DVI to HDMI connector and Crossfire connector.
All in the entire package is very standard for a high-end AMD card. The inclusion of Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts is nice and it's good to see a new game included in the package. There isn't much you could really complain about while it would be nice to have a HDMI cable included in the package it's safe to say that majority of users won't use it and that good old DVI cable is more than enough for most.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Crysis Demo]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - Vista]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Call of Juarez (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 17 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- Buy 10 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (Site www.BizFests.com) 128GB $2,740
- Buy 10 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $2,740
- 2 New Half-Life 2 Developers videos
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit