Magnetic storage is soon to enter "end game". With Solid State drives now starting to gain in speed and size, the days for the magnetic HDD are soon to see the end of the tunnel. While it's still a few years away at least, we have to deal with what is available and it's good to see companies like Western Digital not giving up on the whole small form market sector.
The Scorpio hard disk has managed to impress us, not only is it able to out perfom the IDE based Momentus, its size has also grown to a healthy 250GB; this is quite adequate for the notebook market or for those building Mini-ITX systems and wanting the 2.5" HDD advantage. If you're looking for a large capacity 2.5" SATA drive which boasts great performance the Scorpio is a very good option.
Overall we would be hard pressed to find a larger capacity 2.5" drive with the same speed, prove and performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter: World updated for Xbox One, patch 1.06
- Everything you need for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition
- Sea of Thieves will have larger map/more ships beyond launch
- Sea of Thieves map will have 15 - 30 minute ship encounters
- Final Fantasy XV has PC-exclusive 'higher quality assets'
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit