With the TES 1326 Infrared Thermometer literally in hand we found ourselves getting real-world temperatures from the products we test at load (3D clock speeds).
There are two places we pull temperature from - the back of the card directly behind the core and if the card is dual slot and has an exhaust point we also pull a temperate from there, as seen in the picture.
It's clearly doing its job, the water setup shows temps being a massive 22c lower on the back of the card.
Pulling out the TES 1350A Sound Level Meter we find ourselves quickly yelling into the top of it to see how loud we can be.
After five minutes of that we get a bit more serious and place the device two CM away from the fan on the card to find the maximum noise level of the card when idle (2D mode) and in load (3D mode).
This kind of surprised us, water cooling is generally quieter but this is actually quite loud. It's not the fan that makes the noise or the pump, it seems to be the water moving around. So while it's a bit on the loud side, it's actually somewhat calming. You know, Leadtek 8800 Ultra with calming noises of the ocean.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - Vista]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Call of Juarez (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 15 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Remedy teases new RTX filled trailer of Control at GDC 2019
- Nightdive teases 20-minute video of System Shock remake
- Warren Spector debuts System Shock 3 pre-alpha preview
- Unity Engine shines bright in 'The Heretic' tech demo at GDC
- DOOM Eternal runs at 4K 60FPS on Google Stadia in the cloud
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today