GIGABYTE recently showed the world a glimpse of their Ultra Mobile Personal Computer (UMPC) called the U60 at CeBIT, and again at Computex earlier this year. You can see our teaser preview here.
Now we've got our hands on one of the early production samples and this puppy is all set to take the world by storm. Being based in Taiwan has its perks in terms of us being able to get access to the latest technology, but on the downside however it seems we're not going to be able to get the retail product as it will be delivered in Europe and the West. This is mainly because the software is regionally dependent, but I have been given the list of all the software that the U60 will ship with. So rest assured that this review will cover as many of the features that you will experience with this interesting box of tricks.
This product definitely has the makings of an award winner and it seems worthy of our coveted "BEST VALUE" award providing everything goes well. Let's look deeper and see if it has all that it is hyped up to be.
Oh, and for those of you waking up, UMPCs are the new buzzword in the IT industry and are supposed to fill the niche between a PDA/Smartphone and a tablet PC or laptop. It has big shoes to fill based on our expectations alone, so I'll get right down to it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox Scarlett to have mid-grade and enthusiast consoles
- Mega Man Legacy Collection has sold 1 million units
- Mario's voice enters Guinness World Record, 100 performances
- Mortal Engines movie could HARDCORE fail, $42m made so far
- God of War's director confirms viewable Death Stranding demo
- ASUS ROG Swift PG27UQ: The Best Gaming Monitor Ever Made
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire