Monstrous Heatsink & New Retention Mechanism
Intel has chosen to use a rather large heatsink with a copper base that weights in at around 450 grams, the heaviest heatsink made by Intel yet. The base of the heatsink is made up of copper and the heat is dissipated through aluminum with a quiet fan. I would also personally have to say this is the most impressive heatsink I have seen produced from Intel. While all other previous heatsinks from Intel achieved their purpose, they were however nothing us overclockers would write home about. Here is a picture of the heatsink, which allowed us to take our Intel Pentium 4 1.5GHz test system up to 1.6GHz with not much effort at all.
Intel has chosen to use a new a retention mechanism that is totally different to that of Socket-370 and Socket-A. I believe the new method of heatsink installation is easier and much quicker than conventional methods. I have used a Global Win Pentium 4 heatsink to show how the new retention mechanism and just how simple and easy it is to install a heatsink. Below we see the Socket-423 and part of the clipping mechanism screwed into the motherboard and case... Note: The heatsink featured below is a Global Win Pentium 4 heatsink, NOT the Intel stock cooler.
Here is a picture of the heatsink seated in the socket...
Here is a picture of one of the two clips that are used to clamp the heatsink to the socket...
Here is a picture of the heatsink successfully installed on the Socket-423...
As you can see the process of installing a Pentium 4 heatsink is much easier compared to that of a Pentium 3 or AMD Athlon heatsink. Hardly any pressure is needed to install the heatsink, to remove the heatsink all that you need to do is push the clips out with a screw driver and they become loose and then you can just remove the clips and remove the heatsink, very easy indeed and something for which Intel should be congratulated on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony and Nike make official PS2 shoes
- Games industry may make $170 billion in 2018, firm predicts
- GIGABYTE release new Gemini Lake based J/N motherboards
- God of War director confirms no season pass for the release
- Trailer for Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition released
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series