Though we now have Intel's top-end X38 chipset making its presence felt in the market with companies dishing up fancy new motherboards based on it, the mainstream P35 chipset, while lacking a couple of major features which X38 offers it is built on a solid platform, costs less and performs at an incredible speed when put to the test by the right companies.
ASUS, GIGABYTE, MSI and Universal abit to name a few have managed to get some extreme power out of their P35 boards both based on DDR2 and DDR3; that's what makes P35 so good, the best of both worlds. If you still have DDR2 and want to upgrade to P35 there are boards out there for you, and if you're just setting up a new system DDR3 versions are out there and making big waves allowing for a smother upgrade to X38 in the future.
So far we have looked at a few P35 boards both based on DDR2 and DDR3 memory technologies from the major players like GIGABYTE, ASUS, MSI, Universal abit and even from the more unfamiliar companies like Foxconn and ECS. All of these offer a pretty good design and feature set depending on what your intent is.
Today we are looking at another ASUS P35 board for the more mainstream/budget sector. We looked at the P5K-E Deluxe board which had everything you're going to want built onto the board including Wireless USB Ethernet. Today we take a look at the ASUS P5K, the mainstream version with a few missing features. How does it stack up? Let's have a look.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit