While there has been criticism about the acquisition of ATI from the jolly green giant AMD, it has indefinitely produced one good thing, a stable platform for AMD to base its CPU's around. No longer will they have to rely on their third-party chipset manufacturers to make good platforms for them, now they can make their own and so far they have released one chipset under the AMD brand, the 690G.
690G is in no way a high performance chip, it's aimed at the integrated graphics market. However, its design is extremely efficient, its onboard graphics core is one of the fastest we have ever seen for an integrated chipset and it was even able to knock NVIDIA off the top of the IGP market.
The 690G was well ahead of the GeForce 6100 and 6150 in terms of its HD ready design, it's able to accommodate a HDMI interface. AMD put its best foot forward and its taken until now for NVIDIA to come up with a counterpart, enter the GeForce 7050.
NVIDIA's latest IGP based chipset is designed to directly compete with the 690G for the AMD Athlon 64 platform. Today we have been given our first 7050 based board from ASRock, we will be comparing this against the 690G chipset to see which ends up being the better option.
Let's hop to it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 12 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SEGA launch mystery game reveal countdown website
- Single-player AAA game production costs increase by 10x
- Sony makes sign-ups for PS4 v5.50 firmware beta available
- Netflix won't be available on the Nintendo Switch as of yet
- QLOC to port Dark Souls Remastered to respective platforms
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series