Moving onto the drive there is only so much you can say about a ROM. The front facet gives us the Blu-ray Disc logo in a stand out blue color along with ASUS in the middle.
The right gives us the standard RW, DVD, DISC logos and the whole drive comes in at a few millimeters longer then the Pioneer DVR-212BK 16x DVD Burner. Clearly nothing that's going to cause any issues.
Swinging around to the back of the drive we have the standard SATA connector along with the SATA power connector found on SATA hard drives.
The top of the drive has the usual sticker that gives us the manufacturing date, model, brand, power ratings, explanation of the connectors, warning about the laser and the standard rundown on how the product complies with the FCC.
The only thing missing from the whole drive is probably a beige faceplate but fortunately most cases these days offer their own cover for the ROM drive so it doesn't really matter what color the front is; it's not an issue having it match your home theater PC or your standard tower.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Drive]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Nero DiscSpeed 4]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Nero DiscSpeed 4 Continued]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Nero DiscSpeed 4 - Burning]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- Microsoft make 'positive changes' for Xbox at E3 this year
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series