After installing a system in the COSMOS I had no issues or problems. All of the features discussed simply worked as they were supposed to. All drives were securely installed and cable clutter was easily tucked away to establish maximum airflow throughout the case. While I did not load all hard drive bays to capacity, I had no overheating issues with three hard drives in place. I did however use a bit of common sense and did not stack them all on the same row, but separated them as much as possible to maximize the cooling that was being provided to them.
While I generally have issues with an enclosure that does not have a removable motherboard tray, there were no problems with the COSMOS due to its huge size. Even a large handed builder will have no problems with getting into this case and getting right to work.
I liked the innovation brought forth by Cooler Master and enjoyed a near tool-free installation of the entire system. The system was not totally silent since I use a video board with a vacuum cleaner motor attached, but the noise levels were a good deal less than I have become accustomed to. This is certainly something that I could get used to very quickly. Cooling was ample and I had no overheating issues with any system components, but I still believe that there needs to be some sort of active cooling in place for the hard drive tower.
As far as price is concerned, you can expect to give up in the neighborhood of $200US for the COSMOS 1000 enclosure. While that may seem a bit steep, a quick search of similarly equipped full tower cases with six HDD bays and solid cooling shows that other contenders are running at about $100 more, so value is not out of line at all. Cooler Master seems to have done a good deal of work to keep the price point well under the community average.
Overall I would have to say that while not a perfect product, value and features allow the COSMOS 1000 to be a very solid enclosure that should work well for any building enthusiast and it also contains features for the hardcore among us.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Kingdom Hearts III will get free 'Critical Mode' tomorrow
- Capcom drop StreetFighter V trial on Mortal Kombat 11 debut
- Avengers meet Fortnite in upcoming collaboration on April 25
- Mortal Kombat 11 DLC leaked: Joker, Terminator, Spawn & more
- Mortal Kombat 11 official chilling 'Frost' gameplay trailer
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- The Game Industry Conference calls for Speakers
- Fantasy Smith VR is on Steam now, come make magical weapons for the cute adventurers!
- Monster Hunter Returns to Puzzle & Dragons in Fan-Favorite Collab
- As Esports Industry Grows, Doctors Address Needs of Unique New Athletes