One of the better features of the XPC was that it was never a drama to get your system in and have everything up and running. The latest SG33G5 continues to have the same benefit with the installation taking a lot less time than it would to build a whole system up.
The best method we found was to open up the case and remove the cradle that holds the hard drive. From there we remove the ICE cooling solution and insert our lovely Core 2 Duo e6600 in with very little effort.
Once that's done we install the memory into the two slots, and with the hard drive now mounted into the cradle we install that back into the case.
If you want a bit more grunt over what the integrated graphics solution offers, you can install a video card and we found that the HD 2600 PRO Sonic from Palit was a beautiful fit and continues to give us HDMI thanks to it being on the video card.
The worst part about the installation was the fact that you have to set a jumper depending on whether you use the onboard video or a separate PCI Express card. Jumpers are so pre-2000 and Shuttle should have thought about this. It's not all that difficult, just frustrating.
With the Dell 30" being occupied by our normal test system it was time to install on our other available monitor at the time. :)
Overall the setup of the whole system was an absolute breeze and this is one of the best features of Shuttle. There is just no stuffing around, you can set up and be in windows in no time.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- The Division movie secures John Wick, Deadpool 2 director
- Microsoft seeks engineers for next-gen Xbox, teases GDDR6
- Fortnite developer: no rush to make new Battle Royale maps
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit