When all is said and done, we have got to say that we are rather impressed with the C100 HSDPA data modem from BandRich.
We are hard pressed to find any faults with the C100. From the get go, it impressed us. Build quality and style is brilliant, installation and setup is very simple and it only takes a couple of minutes to get connected. Being ExpressCard with USB adapter means that it basically works on any computer, so no hassles there. The Connection Manager is full of many useful tools and information and makes the whole experience even nicer with its ability to send and receive SMS messages, monitor data transfers and so forth - the GUI is even quite sexy, too.
As far as connection speeds go, it achieved the fastest HSDPA 3.5G speeds we have been able to attain in Taipei so far. We have tested on other devices and none were able to go as high as 1.8Mbps as the C100 was able to achieve at one point. Even the average 1.5Mbps was impressive and provided a solid internet connection in whatever we threw at it. Heck, we even tried our luck and had torrents downloading and uploading over the Chunghwa Telecom SIM in the C100.
Important note - make sure you check your data plan rates and how much you can actually download with your phone company first before you start doing stuff like that or you could end up with an absurdly huge bill at the end of the month! MSN, e-mail, FTP, Skype and anything else we threw at it worked just fine like it was our normal ADSL2 office connection. We suspect though that the C100 will act just like any modem and only support what the ISP provides to you, in our case we had open access to basically everything.
We did manage to find one down side though and that is the price. Our friends at eXpansys are listing the C100 for $309.95 USD (about $375 AUD) and that is a considerable amount of money to drop on a modem. Keeping in mind there are not too many products of this nature around at the moment on shop shelves and as competition increases with more brands introducing similar products, the price should drop. However if you are an early adopter of new technology, you are going to pay for it here.
Besides the pricing issue, the BandRich BandLuxe C100 HSDPA data modem is bloody brilliant - it does its job perfectly, looks good, works well and most importantly will allow you to stay connected to broadband level internet access when you are on the move. We just love it to bits but your wallet might think otherwise.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apex Legends mods have banned over 16,000 cheaters so far
- Overwatch Monopoly, action figures are on their way
- Samsung bows out of the Blu-ray player market in the US
- NVIDIA's gaming division bleeds out, revenues down 45%
- AMD rumored to launch 7nm Navi GPUs on 7/7
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- BundleFest is coming - Get ready for the biggest bundle event of the year
- Team NINJA Announces DEAD OR ALIVE 6 Deluxe Demo, World Championship, and SNK Collaboration
- Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. Launches Jump Force; The Ultimate Manga Crossover Extravaganza
- The Escape Room Puzzle Game Themed On The Seven Deadly Sins Will Hit Steam On Feb 28th
- [01Studio] Indie MMORPG - Citywars Savage