When all is said and done, we have got to say that we are rather impressed with the C100 HSDPA data modem from BandRich.
We are hard pressed to find any faults with the C100. From the get go, it impressed us. Build quality and style is brilliant, installation and setup is very simple and it only takes a couple of minutes to get connected. Being ExpressCard with USB adapter means that it basically works on any computer, so no hassles there. The Connection Manager is full of many useful tools and information and makes the whole experience even nicer with its ability to send and receive SMS messages, monitor data transfers and so forth - the GUI is even quite sexy, too.
As far as connection speeds go, it achieved the fastest HSDPA 3.5G speeds we have been able to attain in Taipei so far. We have tested on other devices and none were able to go as high as 1.8Mbps as the C100 was able to achieve at one point. Even the average 1.5Mbps was impressive and provided a solid internet connection in whatever we threw at it. Heck, we even tried our luck and had torrents downloading and uploading over the Chunghwa Telecom SIM in the C100.
Important note - make sure you check your data plan rates and how much you can actually download with your phone company first before you start doing stuff like that or you could end up with an absurdly huge bill at the end of the month! MSN, e-mail, FTP, Skype and anything else we threw at it worked just fine like it was our normal ADSL2 office connection. We suspect though that the C100 will act just like any modem and only support what the ISP provides to you, in our case we had open access to basically everything.
We did manage to find one down side though and that is the price. Our friends at eXpansys are listing the C100 for $309.95 USD (about $375 AUD) and that is a considerable amount of money to drop on a modem. Keeping in mind there are not too many products of this nature around at the moment on shop shelves and as competition increases with more brands introducing similar products, the price should drop. However if you are an early adopter of new technology, you are going to pay for it here.
Besides the pricing issue, the BandRich BandLuxe C100 HSDPA data modem is bloody brilliant - it does its job perfectly, looks good, works well and most importantly will allow you to stay connected to broadband level internet access when you are on the move. We just love it to bits but your wallet might think otherwise.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will release next month
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series