With the box and contents out the way it's time to see the what exactly we have on our hands today.
The HIS HD 2900 XT 1GB GDDR4 offers the same standard setup as the 512MB GDDR3 model, apart from the HIS sticker on the fan we wouldn't be able to determine what brand it is. The biggest gripe with the look of the card is that there is no way to tell if it's a 1GB model. If you find yourself with a window in your case you want to show off your new card loudly and proudly.
Since the cooler takes up the whole card there isn't a whole lot to see, just doing a quick sweep we see the standard 6 Pin/8 Pin PCI Express power connector setup that was on the 512MB GDDR3 model along with the very important Crossfire connectors across the top of the card. We'll be making use of these today!
I/O wise is also very standard with 2 Dual Link DVI Connectors and our little round black port that is not only capable of video-out but also video-in, better known as VIVO.
The big thing is what does the 1GB GDDR4 card offer over the standard 512MB GDDR3 model. This helps give us a memory bump from 1650MHz to 2000MHz DDR. The core remains the same at 743MHz.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Titan Comics and Blizzard announce new Diablo comic books
- The Simpsons creator debuts 'Disenchantment' Netflix trailer
- Kingdom Hearts honors 90 years of Mickey Mouse with trailer
- PES 2019 demo will be released on PC/consoles on August 8th
- Kong: Skull Island director discusses possible Zelda movie
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit