With the box and contents out the way it's time to see the what exactly we have on our hands today.
The HIS HD 2900 XT 1GB GDDR4 offers the same standard setup as the 512MB GDDR3 model, apart from the HIS sticker on the fan we wouldn't be able to determine what brand it is. The biggest gripe with the look of the card is that there is no way to tell if it's a 1GB model. If you find yourself with a window in your case you want to show off your new card loudly and proudly.
Since the cooler takes up the whole card there isn't a whole lot to see, just doing a quick sweep we see the standard 6 Pin/8 Pin PCI Express power connector setup that was on the 512MB GDDR3 model along with the very important Crossfire connectors across the top of the card. We'll be making use of these today!
I/O wise is also very standard with 2 Dual Link DVI Connectors and our little round black port that is not only capable of video-out but also video-in, better known as VIVO.
The big thing is what does the 1GB GDDR4 card offer over the standard 512MB GDDR3 model. This helps give us a memory bump from 1650MHz to 2000MHz DDR. The core remains the same at 743MHz.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NiceHash will reimburse ALL users from $60 million BTC hack
- NVIDIA TITAN V: twice as fast as RX Vega at Ethereum mining
- AMD confirms next-gen Ryzen CPUs for Q1 2018
- Uber settles lawsuit with Indian rape victim
- Outlast games coming to the Nintendo Switch in Q1 2018
- 2 GPU on AB350 Gaming K4
- Mantiz Venus MZ-02 Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Enclosure Review
- Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 - Which M.2 socket should I use
- MSI Z170A PC Mate Unlock NVRAM
- LaCie 2Big Dock Thunderbolt 3 20TB External HDD Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series