When first looking at the 1GB HD 2900 XT box from HIS one emotion that hit us was shock. Why you ask? The box is small, we don't just mean small for a high-end card (in that case alone it would be considered very small) but for a full size flagship graphics card. The box is also very thin, it actually looks really good, sometimes boxes are just too big and annoying but HIS have managed to cram everything they need into this nice little box.
Getting past the size of the box and simply having a look at the front we can see all the standard information, yes the card is a Radeon HD 2900 XT and this particular model is the brand spanking new 1GB GDDR4 version. We can also see all the other important information on the front of the box like Crossfire, HDMI, Dual Link DVI, Black Box inclusion and a few other important logos.
Turning the box over we have some more features mentioned along with a recap of some of the main features that the card offers. We also have a number of awards across the bottom.
Diving inside the box we have a multi language manual, our Black Box coupon and our bonus HIS DVD. Game wise we have Dungeon Siege which on a HD 2900 XT would run at about 1000FPS. It's actually becoming a bit of a joke including Dungeon Siege, as the release date on it was 2002. Not too sure what's going on in that marketing department but someone has to jump on a new game.
Cable wise is your standard HD 2900 XT line up. VIVO cables, Component out, 2 DVI to VGA connectors and of course the DVI to HDMI connector.
The package is pretty good but the simple fact that HIS continue to include Dungeon Siege over and over and over again is just becoming a joke!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- Samsung's new 360-degree camera requires 2 x GTX 1080 Ti
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz