The HD 2900 XT is a great card; don't let those haters tell you otherwise. At launch there was no denying that it lagged behind the competition, and sure AA and AF performance isn't the best but thanks to AMD keeping on top with driver releases the card continues to improve every month.
Originally there was supposed to be an XT/XTX combination of the HD 2900 but for some reason it never really happened, instead there has been a new incarnation of the XT which not only comes with a jaw dropping 1GB of memory on it but also carries GDDR4, the latest graphics card memory to hit the market.
As impressive as 1GB of GDDR4 sounds it's really only numbers, what we really need to know is does this extra memory actually effect our game experience in a positive way or are we just throwing more money down the drain.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict (DX9)]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality]
- Page 13 [Temperature Test]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Kamikaze Run]
- Page 16 [Final Thoughts]