Intel's 3 series chipsets are extremely capable, even the G33 which takes its place in the OEM and integrated market segment; it was never designed to take the place of the P35. If you're going to run it at stock speeds in a basic system, G33 isn't a bad option as its performance using a dedicated graphics card is right on top of the P35. If you're going to overclock though you're best off keeping clear of the G33.
Foxconn's reputation for cheap boards continues, as the G33M board comes in at a good price for its features and design it's on par with most of the budget G33 boards. While we haven't had a chance to test many G33 boards yet, we are a little disappointed that the overclocking of the Foxconn G33M topped out at only 438MHz, this being due to the lack of voltage and bus options in the BIOS. With more voltage to the CPU, northbridge chipset and memory we possibly could have gotten close to 500MHz, but Foxconn has let us down.
The G33M also had a few black marks against its name in the features department. The exclusion of the two SATA ports provided by the JMicron chip could have gone to use as e.SATA ports, and a better documentation manual for offline installs would have been a much nicer design as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA play huge role in smart car race with Xavier
- Reddit will have its content integrated into Bing
- Hyundai to bring 38 green cars to the market
- Astronauts will watch Star Wars: The Last Jedi From Space
- Starbucks 'Free' Wi-Fi mines Bitcoin while connected
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series