Intel's 3 series chipsets are extremely capable, even the G33 which takes its place in the OEM and integrated market segment; it was never designed to take the place of the P35. If you're going to run it at stock speeds in a basic system, G33 isn't a bad option as its performance using a dedicated graphics card is right on top of the P35. If you're going to overclock though you're best off keeping clear of the G33.
Foxconn's reputation for cheap boards continues, as the G33M board comes in at a good price for its features and design it's on par with most of the budget G33 boards. While we haven't had a chance to test many G33 boards yet, we are a little disappointed that the overclocking of the Foxconn G33M topped out at only 438MHz, this being due to the lack of voltage and bus options in the BIOS. With more voltage to the CPU, northbridge chipset and memory we possibly could have gotten close to 500MHz, but Foxconn has let us down.
The G33M also had a few black marks against its name in the features department. The exclusion of the two SATA ports provided by the JMicron chip could have gone to use as e.SATA ports, and a better documentation manual for offline installs would have been a much nicer design as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Core i9-7980XE benched: super-fast, but costs $1999
- Custom Radeon RX Vega cards not coming until November
- Oclean One: the world's smartest electric toothbrush
- Monster Hunter World launches January 2018
- Left Alive is Square Enix's shot at survival mech action
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower