In The Box
Once you get everything out of the box you have the main unit, a power cable, a manual, mounting screws and a nylon pouch containing the modular cables. Nothing out of the ordinary, but everything you need to get the job done.
Aesthetically, the M1000 will do nicely in almost any windowed enclosure. It has a reflective finish that will accent any color scheme without overpowering it. The finish is a dark silver color and as you can see toward the bottom edge of the photo above, it has a high sheen to it.
Power provided by this model is rated at 1000 watts. Besides the 3.3v and 5v rails, this model also sports an impressive six 12v rails to handle the stress that an enthusiast is going to throw at it. Both the 3.3v and 5v rails can sustain a draw of 40A each and the 12v rails vary. Rails 1, 2, 5 and 6 are each rated at 18A and rails 3 and 4 are rated at 28A. This brings the total power draw of the 12v rail system to a whopping 128A!
As with many newer ATX power supplies hitting the market, support for older technologies is beginning to be phased out. Above is the 24-pin main power coupling of the M1000 PSU. A quick glance is all it takes to realize that it is strictly a 24-pin coupler and not a 20+4 pin variety. This means that those who are still using those older system board that utilize the 20-pin main power connection had better stay away from this particular model. It has an abundance of power for nearly any need or desire, but it just is not compatible with older systems.
This should not be an issue for most folks looking for this much power, but it needed to be mentioned to keep the confusion down to an absolute minimum.
Moving to the rear portion of the power supply shows what is pretty much an expected feature nowadays, nearly nothing. Besides the main power port and a small LED that tells you you're getting power, there is nothing but mesh material. This allows the airflow of the power supply to be kept to a maximum to keep those internal components running as cool as possible.
To keep that airflow moving at an even faster pace, this particular model also includes a large fan in the bottom panel. According to the technical data from Cooler Master, this fan is an unconventional 135mm in size, but this larger fan size will do wonders in keeping the volume levels down while still maintaining above average cooling.
Moving to the panel facing inward shows us the modular design of the M1000. Everything is color coded and very simple to use, so mistakes should be pretty much impossible. Directly above the modular connections is a label making identification even easier of the ports and what they control.
Since we are on the topic of the modular cabling setup, let's take a look at what kind of connections we have at our immediate disposal.
Hardwired into the PSU are the 24-pin primary, and both 4-pin and 8-pin auxiliary connections. The modular cable bundle includes two PCI-E, four PCI-E8, eight SATA, ten Molex, and two FDD. Given the number of features that are built into modern motherboards, this gives us an incredibly versatile power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia set back until May 3
- $60,000 worth of GPUs power Unreal Engine ray tracing demo
- Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset announced for June 5th
- A Way Out official PC requirements released, launch trailer
- Dark Souls Remastered leaked images, Solaire amiibo spotted
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit