The Taiwanese motherboard manufacturer known as ABIT are well known for their great line of Intel and AMD motherboards. ABIT were among the first companies to introduce software controlled overclocking options of our processors through the BIOS; this was called Softmenu.
It has only been recently that ABIT jumped into the multimedia market with their range of Siluro brand video cards. ABit's first success was based on the original nVidia Riva TNT2 Ultra graphics chipset and had 32MB of SGRAM. However, this little beauty still fell behind ASUS and Diamond in overclockability and overall performance. ABIT then released the Siluro GF256. This new card was based on the nVidia GeForce DDR chipset and used 32MB of DDR SDRAM. This card was a hit, with its overclockability and overall performance beating most of the competition. When the nVidia GeForce2 GTS GPU was introduced, ABIT took its time with the release of their next card, titled the Siluro GF2 GTS.
With the release of the value market GF2 chipset titled the MX series, ABIT immediately launched its value market card; the Siluro GF2 MX. This card used the original GF2MX GPU and 32MB of SDR SDRAM. Due to ATi releasing the G450 chipset and the introduction of the Kryo II chipset, nVidia needed to release a faster yet cheaper chipset to compete and eliminate the competition. So nVidia took the GF2MX chipset and re-designed them into two models; the GF2-MX200 and GF2-MX400. Today, ABIT has been kind enough to supply us with one of their latest creations in the Graphics world; the ABIT Siluro GF2 MX400.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rum Runner's Pack free DLC debuts to Pillars of Eternity 2
- New Battlerite Royale screenshots unveil UI/more gameplay
- Co-op monster hunting title, Duntless releases open beta
- Dark Souls Remastered releases a whole day early on Steam
- Borderlands 2 is free-to-play and 75% off Steam this weekend
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit