Features & Final Thoughts
Given this is a pair of Zalman headphones we're looking at here, there's got to be something out of the ordinary with them, and although you won't find six speakers this time you'll still find four. However, the ZM-DS4Fs don't do surround sound or anything fancy like that, as this time around there are two speakers built into each headphone, one 28mm tweeter and one 40mm woofer.
Although it may seem a little over the top to call it a woofer, the ZM-DS4Fs produce quite a lot of base for their size, and without losing out on the high-end. It's an interesting design and Zalman has managed to produce a pair of headphones that are compact but still offer quite a bit of oomph.
The specifications are slightly odd though, as the frequency response isn't that great at around 50Hz to 20kHz. This is quite poor even compared to a pair of ear buds, as most tend to start at around 10-20Hz. Now, there is a matter of what you can actually hear, but even the upper limit isn't that impressive considering the dual speaker design.
The impedance seems to be very low for a pair of headphones at only 32 Ohm, but this shouldn't really matter too much as it would technically make them easier to drive, and combining both speakers makes this 64 Ohm which is quite normal for a pair of headphones.
The ZM-DS4F's weigh around 124g with the cord, the cord measures 150cm and has a standard angled 3.5mm jack at the end. The only bad thing here is that the cord is connected to both of the cups, rather than just one. This means they tend to tangle more when you wear them.
They're not sold as gaming headphones, but rather as a companion for your MP3 / CD player or PMP. They'd go great with your PSP or Nintendo DS as well, or any other usage for that matter. We tested it with a Sandisk Sansa E270 MP3 player and it sounded very good with a wide verity of music. We also tried watching a few movies and some TV programs on a computer with them plugged in and the sound quality was again very good.
They might not be a gamers dream, but the ZM-DS4Fs aren't half bad gaming headphones either, though we really wish Zalman would release a gaming headset with a built-in mic, can it be so hard to do?
As a pair of fairly affordable headphones, they carry an MSRP of $29.50 USD (around $37.50 AUD). We have to say that they're pretty damn good for the money.
Good sound quality
Long enough cable
Nothing really out of the ordinary
The black design doesn't look as good as the white one
Rating - 8 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie Trailer revealed at Comic-Con
- New story trailer released for Insomniac Games' Spider-Man
- Ghost Recon Wildlands adds permadeath with 'Ghost Mode'
- Razer making Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite arcade sticks
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit