Once everything is said and done, the MX-2 compound from Arctic Cooling has shown that it is up to the challenge of taking on the big guns known as Arctic Silver. While not a huge difference in temperature, it is an improvement and totally safe to your components as well. After all, even enthusiasts have to live within a budget.
As far as price is concerned, MX-2 has a suggested MSRP of $7.95US, so it's in the same realm as competitive products. If you happen to find yourself in the market for this stuff, make sure to get the MX-2 variety as many retailers are still carrying the older MX-1 product. While not bad, it is not as good as this newer compound.
Bottom line...With so many peripherals becoming hotter during use, a quality TIM is a vital consideration. Arctic Cooling MX-2 is a very solid performer that can outperform the big gun, is totally non-conductive and has a minimum life span of eight years. This is some serious goop here, so those who are satisfied with the little packet that comes with modern coolers need not apply.
Excellent temperature control
Non-metallic equals nonconductive
Long life span after application
Not readily available (yet)
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Devil May Cry 5 won't require high-end GPU
- Red Dead Redemption 2 gets tons of new screenshots
- Red Dead Redemption 2 can transform into a FPS
- Spider-Man is the fastest-selling PS4 exclusive of all time
- Sony has no plans to make new PS Vita
- DLink HD Wi-Fi Camera 8300LH Review
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- The Slater releases on September 20th
- Partnership Between Mastiff and Yggdrazil Group Brings Home Sweet Home to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One This October
- Turn-Based PC-RTS 'ValeGuard' Has Launched On STEAM Offering Exciting City-Building & Strategic Real-Time Combat
- IBM Takes Major Step in Breaking Open the Black Box of AI
- Genpact Launches Cora CommandCenter to Transform Digital Workforce Performance and Automation Governance