So there you have it, the Gigabyte GSmart t600, the first mobile phone with three digital TV tuners built-in. It's not the best Windows Mobile device we've seen, but it does have its charms. It might not be the prettiest of phones either, but it's slightly smaller than most other Windows Mobile devices which sport a touch screen.
It has a wide range of applications as standard and it's got quite good specifications, but our review sample suffered from a few niggles which need to be ironed out before retail units are being shipped. Let's hope that Gigabyte changes the stylus around slightly and adds a point to it.
It's also not going to be cheap, the expected retail price here in Taiwan without any subsidy from the network carrier is expected to be around $20,000 NT (or $688 AUD). However this might be different depending on the market where you purchase it and if any network providers offer it at a subsidised price. Had it been a 3G handset it would have most likely had more interest from the various network providers; but as it stands, this handset seems to have ended up in a niche market.
Overall, the Gigabyte GSmart t600 isn't a bad device, it's just not competitive enough with other Windows Mobile devices out there, TV tuner or not. However, it shows the potential Gigabyte has and we'd expect to see it improve upon its phones as new models arrive.
Built-in digital TV tuners
Plenty of storage memory
microSD card slot
Memory leaks in our review sample
Sluggish response at times
Some design issues
Rating - 7.5 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get caught up in 'Girl in the Spider's Web' Blu-ray giveaway
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- Very odd boot behavior on three identical x399 Taichi builds.
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases