In my profession you become very used to testing cards on a regular basis which continue to spit out 10k runs in 3DMark06, so when you see a card that scores as low as this one it's hard to think highly of it. Though the bottom line is that at this price point it's not actually too bad of a card. In fact it's pretty useful thanks to the low profile design.
As for DX 10 performance, while we didn't test that side of things out you're going to find that you will be forced to play at 800 x 600 in order to get a playable setup. This would defeat the purpose somewhat, as the lower resolution textures just don't look as good and the advantage of DX 10 from a gaming perspective is nowhere near as strong.
The card's package is light and there isn't much to the card itself either. However, it hasn't got an inflated price tag and does a pretty good job of pushing some frames at the lower resolutions.
Low resolution gaming
Low price tag
Low power requirements
Not quite powerful enough for next-gen movie playback
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Value Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Star Wars: Battlefront II campaign will be robust
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard