In my profession you become very used to testing cards on a regular basis which continue to spit out 10k runs in 3DMark06, so when you see a card that scores as low as this one it's hard to think highly of it. Though the bottom line is that at this price point it's not actually too bad of a card. In fact it's pretty useful thanks to the low profile design.
As for DX 10 performance, while we didn't test that side of things out you're going to find that you will be forced to play at 800 x 600 in order to get a playable setup. This would defeat the purpose somewhat, as the lower resolution textures just don't look as good and the advantage of DX 10 from a gaming perspective is nowhere near as strong.
The card's package is light and there isn't much to the card itself either. However, it hasn't got an inflated price tag and does a pretty good job of pushing some frames at the lower resolutions.
Low resolution gaming
Low price tag
Low power requirements
Not quite powerful enough for next-gen movie playback
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Value Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Epic Games teams with Funko for Fortnite Pop! figurines
- Samsung's next-gen foldable smartphone to launch early 2019
- Microsoft teases 'all-new Xbox hardware' at Gamescom 2018
- TSMC expecting Q4 2018 growth from next-gen GPUs from NVIDIA
- Borderlands 3 may still be a ways off
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit