When we think of Mini-ITX boards, the first name that comes to mind is VIA. It was VIA who started this trend of a 17x17CM baby motherboard with all the features jam packed into it. VIA's main problem with Mini-ITX is power, or lack there of. Until now, VIA has only had one CPU to pack onto its EPIA boards, that being the C3, which by all accounts is no where near what you would need to run a media center in HD.
Now C7 has emerged and things look better, but there is still no way it can compete with the power of AMD's K8 based CPU or Intel's Core 2 series. To this end if you wanted Mini-ITX you had to deal with a slower than average system, especially if you want to encode media on the fly.
Well this is all about to change thanks to the good folks at Albatron who have started to produce their own Mini-ITX boards around the K8 architecture.
We have already seen one of their boards based on the 754 socket and GeForce 6150 chipset, and while adequate for a basic setup its lack of dual channel memory and HDMI features make it a bit obsolete for a HD media center in today's market.
With that said, we now have the latest installment from Albatron, the KI690-AM2. By its name it gives away a couple of secrets.
1) It has got the AMD 690G chipset for its platform base
2) It is an AM2 series board, meaning any AM2 CPU will be right at home here
Let's now take a look at the complete specifications list.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - WorldBench]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Star Wars: Battlefront II campaign will be robust
- EKWB release RGB monoblock for ASUS X399 motherboards
- Cooler Master introduces MasterWatt power supply series
- Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update available now
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard