HighPoint's line-up just keeps growing and growing, and with each new product things just get better and better.
HighPoint has been one of the few companies out there than doesn't stop its line-ups, and each new product serves to replace an older version or enter a new market.
External storage has now reached a point where speed is everything. Putting a hard disk into an external box that connects to a slow USB connection is simply a bad move now. Over half the bandwidth, that the drive can generate, is wasted, whilst eSATA makes full use of that extra bandwidth.
eSATA has now allowed us to move far beyond the 22MB/s transfer rate limitation of the USB 2.0 interface, and with eSATA being able to run in RAID you can now have external RAID setups. HighPoint has already started to produce enclosures that house four SATA drives and allows them to be setup in RAID using this controller or other SATA RAID controllers with eSATA.
Overall, HighPoint has made a huge breakthrough with four eSATA ports on a single card. With the Port Multiplier ready design, you can in theory have up to sixteen drives working off this single card.
Just as fast as in-the-case SATA
Four external ports
Supports up to sixteen drives using Port Multiplier function
PCI-Express x4 interface
Much faster than USB or Firewire external storage solutions
Lack of a spanning feature across two cards
Rather pricey for this type of card
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Inside the Box]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and PCMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tach]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Speed]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Game Loading Tests]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Civilization VI: Gathering Storm - Biggest Civ Expansion yet
- Marvel's Spider-Man: 'Turf Wars' DLC released, new trailer
- Amazon Japan has $650+ Smash UItimate Amiibo set available
- Warframe makes its way to the Nintendo Switch, available now
- Overview trailer released for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- The computer always restarts
- X79 Extreme11 NVMe - PLEASE HELP
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- olloclip Introduces Add-On Lens Clips for Apple's Newest iPhones
- ROCCAT celebrates website relaunch with fantastic deals
- QNAP Launches the Mustang-200 Computing Accelerator Card
- Manli announces GeForce RTX 2080 Ti & GeForce RTX 2070
- Stunning New Character Strikes Her Way into DEAD OR ALIVE 6