Power for the P190 is supplied by two Antec power supplies. The unit shown on top is a 650-watt NeoLink and is responsible for getting the necessary juice to the motherboard, CPU and graphics systems and so forth. The bottom unit is a 550-watt NeoLink and handles the needs of all fans, storage devices and peripherals. They work as a team and not individually, and here is the important note to make sure you don't damage your system:
See the green/black wire? One comes from the 20+4 pin power block and the other comes from the 550-watt PSU. MAKE SURE THAT YOU CONNECT THESE TWO CABLE SYSTEMS TOGETHER!
Big bold letters; makes you get the feeling that it is kinda important, huh? Well, it is! That little green/black pair of wires is what allows both power supplies to start up together when you power up your system. It is also where the term NeoLink comes from. If you forget to make this connection, only the motherboard and associated components will get power - the peripherals will not know that it is time to come to life.
Now that we have the nagging out of the way, it is time to take a look at these power supplies and see what we can expect. Using the cabling that comes directly from each PSU, you have at your immediate disposal a 20+4 pin primary power block, a 4-pin and 8-pin auxiliary power connector, two PCI-E connectors, two PCI-E8 connectors, six Molex, and four SATA. If we were to stop here we would have a very workable power solution, but there is more.
The unit on the left, the one that is responsible for peripherals, also contains modular blocks to make use of extra cabling that is included with the P190. In addition to what was mentioned above, the modular cabling will add another nine Molex and four SATA connectors, and also includes a Molex splitter that has a pair of FDD connectors on the end. This makes for a huge amount of flexibility when adding components to your system. When was the last time you needed 15 Molex and 8 SATA connectors?
Since this P190 is a split cavity enclosure, Antec decided to keep the power supplies in the bottom compartment. Since the motherboard and peripherals are in the top portion, a removable panel was included to allow you to get your cabling set up properly. After you have it properly routed, you simply replace the panel and it keeps the cavities separate - it is nice to see that some folks still believe in attention to detail.
Oh, and while it is not easily visible in the shot above, there is another 120mm TriCool fan (complete with adjustable fan speed controller) directly in front of the PSU cabling harnesses. Using included zip ties, you can easily keep the cabling away from the fan blades and this will maintain a solid airflow through the power supply compartment to ensure a stable system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new game service is like Game Pass
- Sekiro mod engine paves the way for expansive mods
- Sean Murray gives rare talk on No Man's Sky's triumphs, woes
- Digital PS4 game sales locked exclusively to PSN
- Enter the 'Spider-Verse' for our Spider-Man Blu-ray giveaway
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced