It's clear that Intel has really put together a winner of a platform with the 3x series of chipsets. The P35 chipset has really given us something to look forward to, overclocking has already shown to be superior to that of the P965 chipset, and with the new G33 chipset for the value series, it's clear Intel has gone from strength to strength in recent times.
This is our first test of the GMA3100 series graphics core, and it's a definite improvement over that of the Q965 and G965 series, as it adds in DX9 support and also gains certification for Vista premium, a big bonus indeed. In DVMT mode, we see that the G33 is able to perform in basic tasks just as well as it would when using a discrete graphics setup.
ECS has a good product on its hands. It's definitely not the most feature-rich pack, it's a basic board at best. Without any digital video features or TV out, it's designed for the office environment, pure and simple.
Overall, the board has great potential for the workstation environment, as its price is extremely good for this type of board.
G33 performs identical to P35 with discrete graphics
GMA3100 is a good basic IGP setup
Only 4 of the 6 SATA ports are used
No IDE port for DVD ROM drives
Rating - 8 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Rust will leave Steam Early Access on February 8
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series