There is no doubt that AMD's ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT got off to a bit of a rocky start.
The initial drivers were nothing to get excited about and made the performance overall look pretty ordinary. The biggest problem though is that it seems most people have already made up their minds - I will not lie to you, I had. I honestly saw the initial test results and thought the card was a joke considering how long we had been waiting for it.
The good news is that ATI are really on the ball when it comes to drivers. It has been like this for a few years now and it only took a new set of drivers to really make the HD 2900 XT something worth having as far as we are concerned.
People all over the world now are recommending the HD 2900 XT over the 8800GTS 640MB and we are about to investigate why.
Let us have a look at what exactly MSI bring to the party this time around before we dive into our test system setup and check out some real numbers and see is the HD 2900 XT worth talking about? In this review, we also introduce our first batch of new testing including temperature readings, sound levels and also power consumption!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Kingdom Hearts honors 90 years of Mickey Mouse with trailer
- PES 2019 demo will be released on PC/consoles on August 8th
- Kong: Skull Island director discusses possible Zelda movie
- Blizzard teams with Hasbro for Overwatch Nerf toy guns
- Ion Maiden delayed to 2019
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit